What is Invisalign and how does it work?
The Invisalign system provides the perfect solution for patients who want to improve the aesthetics of their smile, but are worried about their appearance during the treatment process. Many people still imagine bulky train-track braces when they think of orthodontic treatments. But Invisalign is a discreet orthodontic system using a series of transparent aligners – thus practically invisible to others which is an excellent choice of braces for adults.
Dr Salimi will create impressions of your mouth, which will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory in the USA. Invisalign will provide a 3D computer simulation (ClinCheck© treatment plan) using their patented high-tech software to give you an indication of how many clear aligners will be required for your invisible braces treatment. This 3D preview will show you what movement each clear aligner will make to provide you with straight teeth. Once your are happy with your 3D preview your clear braces (aligners) will be manufactured based on your orthodontic prescription, before being returned to the practice. Each clear brace (aligner) should be worn for 14 days before being replaced with the next aligner in the series and this will continue until treatment is complete. You should wear the clear brace (aligner) for at least 21 hours per day to ensure the best results.
Benefits of Invisalign:
Invisalign was designed to provide solutions for many orthodontic problems faced by patients in the past:
• CLEAR - The aligners are invisible to others, which is a real advantage for adults who want braces and worry about their appearance during the treatment process. Traditional fixed braces can be unattractive and this can impact on a person’s confidence. So this is perfect as an adult brace for teeth straightening.
• REMOVABLE - The aligners are removable so clients can eat their usual food. No more food sticking in between braces! This also promotes good oral hygiene as you are able to clean your teeth thoroughly.
• COMFORTABLE - Invisalign is comfortable as there are no metal brackets or wires to irritate your gum or the inside of your mouth.
• EFFECTIVE - Even before your Invisalign treatment is finished, you'll begin enjoying the benefit of a better smile. Teeth alignment will start right from the beginning.
• CUSTOMISED - Invisalign aligners are designed to move the teeth gently thus minimising any discomfort the patient may experience. Each aligner is custom made for the individual so discomfort should be kept to a minimum.
There is also no need for appointments to tighten the braces, which is often the most painful part of the treatment process.
Invisalign is a discreet, comfortable and effective choice of teeth straightening treatment for adults. A great choice for adults looking to have straight teeth with braces that are virtually invisible!