A natural tooth consists of a crown (the part you see above the gum) and the root (the part hidden under the gum). It is the root in the jawbone that actually holds the natural tooth in place. A dental implantis a small man-made titanium fixture that serves as a replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth.
Dental implants provide additional support where teeth are missing without putting force onto the remaining natural teeth. They may be used to support the replacement of a single missing tooth or a complete functional set for individuals who have lost many or all of their teeth. Anyone missing one or more of their teeth due to injury, disease, or decay may be a candidate for dental implants.
The look, feel and functionality of dental implants are the closest thing you can get to natural teeth. However, having dental implants placed is a surgery that you should take very seriously. It’s vital that you do your due dilligence and ask your dentist the following questions to ensure that you are putting yourself in the best possible situation for a successful outcome. Here at Estetica we actively encourage you to ask as many questions as you wish to ensure your comfort ahead of any planned treatment.
- How many implants has your dentist placed in their career?
- Does the dentist use surgical stents or guides?
- Does your dentist use 3D X-Ray imaging and updated computer technology?
- How long has the dentist been placing dental implants?
- What is the dentist’s success rate?
- When is the dentist planning on loading the implants and why?
- How many surgeries will be required?
- Does the dentist utilize sedation?
- Are they restoring the implant?
- If your dentist is not restoring the implant who is and what success rate have they had?
Dr Sina Salimi, owner of Estetica in Chertsey, Surrey, said; “We are a private dentist offering affordable cosmetic dentistry and botox by a team of qualified professionals. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and calm environment, to make your procedures as relaxing as possible. ”Why not contact us through the website or simply come in to our clinic in Chertsey and speak with us.