We all suffer from ageing, it’s a fact of life. However, if you are conscious of your look and have the desire to do something about it, remember, a surgical face-lift is not the only way of turning back the effects of time on your face.
Non-surgical facial rejuvenation is an alternative that many people have not only considered, but subsequently undertaken. Confused? There is no need to be.
Here are 10 things you might like to know about ageing and non-surgical facial rejuvenation
- Ageing is caused by the diminished production of collagen which is the main supporting protein of the skin, and the breakdown of the elastin fibres which give the skin its flexibility. Ageing is also accompanied by a decline in the activity of the sebaceous glands reducing the skins ability to retain moisture, which in turn leads to a reduction in the suppleness of the skin.
- Non-surgical facial rejuvenation differs from the surgical alternatives by rejuvenating the skin to reverse the effects of ageing, rather than surgical and invasive intervention to manipulate the skin in its existing aged condition.
- Skin rejuvenation improves the quality of the skin by increasing the production of elastin and collagen and restoring the moisture content of the skin. This improvement in quality, coupled with the restoration of the skin to a pre environmentally damaged state removes and reverses many of the visible effects of ageing.
- By improving the quality of the skin, the increased tone and elasticity will provide a resistance to wrinkles and lines. The natural radiance of rejuvenated skin, free of the ravages of age, sun and a hostile environment will reveal a healthy vitality that cannot be achieved by surgery.
- The treatments include Restylane, Botox, Dermaroller and Wrinkle smoothing
- Fillers can be used to augment lost volume anywhere on the face. They can be used to replace lost volume in static wrinkles, folds and depressions. The effect is immediate and the product slowly dissolves over a period of multiple months.
- Lasers treat multiple skin problems, helping to clear skin discoloration, fine wrinkles and tighten skin.
- Non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures can be done in the practice during normal working hours. Scheduling a procedure is as easy as calling the office to find a 30 minute time slot that works with your schedule.
- Some patients come during their lunch-break and go back to work after their procedure is complete. We carry these products in the office for the convenience of our patients.
- Many different areas can be addressed during the same visit and from experience, products typically last anywhere from 4 – 8 months.
Here at Estetica we undertake all form of non-surgical facial rejuvenation and owner Dr Sina Salimi, who has been performing these treatments since 2004, will be happy to answer any questions or to allay any fears with regards to the treatment. Contact us