If your teeth are stained or discoloured , chances are you have gone to some lengths to achieve whiter, brighter smile
Why do teeth Stain?
There are number of reasons that teeth stain. Foods, beverages, and medications may discolour teeth. Smoking or forgetting to brush and floss on a regular basis may also lead to staining . In other cases , discolouration ma be the result of genetic or disease.
Different Type of Stains
- occurs primarily between teeth and on the surfaces of crocked teeth
- Typically are dark brown
- Are caused by coffee, tea and tobacco
- Usually can be treated, by dental hygienisy
- May be trapped into the micro cracks and require different treatment like teeth whitening
2- Soft Deposits
- are caused by plaque
- often are bacterial in origin
- may be result of ineffective oral hygien
- can appear as dark or whitish areas around te gum line, most often on the lower front teeth
- they respond well to scale and polish
3- Intrinsic stains
- Includes white patches on the enamel surface and band of brownish gray across the teeth
- May caused by faulty hardening of the tooth before birth or interruption of normal enamel formation by medication or disease
- Often appear in people who were treated with atibiotic tetracycline before the age of 8 years or whose mothers took the drug while pregnant
- Can result from use of the antibiotic Minocycline
- May cause by advanced decay or by old or defective silver filing (brown or gray stains)
Read further posts on different solutions from expert in smile make over in surrey.